Friday 29 March 2013

Bunnies for the girls























As it is Easter weekend, I thought I'd show you what I've been making
 for the girls.They usually have a little easter egg hunt, and this time there 
will be an oddbunny each at the end!

I have sewn the faces free motion/thread drawing. Not being much of a sleeper, I hand sewed the wool rug top hat in the middle of the night. The huge fluffy faux fur ears were a bit of a nightmare to sew in, but I had free hand cut them huge - so that was the way it went (hardly ever the easy option). Mustard velvet inside the other ears. The pom pom choker/scarf was a last minute addition. And a typist on the tummy, as Miss 6 has started learning to touch type at school! 

So these two are along the lines of what I've been aiming for
 (apart from the custom dolls)::
they are different, quirky, not the norm 'pretty',
but lovable and most importantly full of character.
Maybe not for everyone, but these definitely suit our two!!

I'll pop up some other bunnies I have been making,
later in the weekend, Happy Easter!xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...