Wednesday 8 May 2013

Making from a drawing



This was a 'made at 10pm, one night in the holidays project.
The 6 year old had drawn the pic not long before bed.
Telling me she had designed her own toy.




Frankie.



I think it is down to choosing the right fabrics for this,
that help it look more like her picture.
The main thing about it though, was hearing her cries of surprise -
waking up to the toy she had designed the night before - priceless!


And here's a shot of her new (old/op shopped) curtains.
They are such a huge step in our settling in here.
They make her room so much cosier and welcoming.
(And will keep that 4am sunlight out, at certain times of the year!)xx

5 comments:

nz green buttons said...

I love it! I can just imagine the squeals of delight in the morning too

Fay said...

So cute and such a neat idea.

I love button's by Emma said...

This is so sweet, I cant wait for my daughter to start drawing. Lovely idea :)

teddybearswednesday said...

I love Frankie! both in drawn and 3d forms! xo

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

You are amazing. I can also imagine the squeals of delight from Miss 6.

Do your kids think you can make anything? Mine do, it can be rather challenging ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...