Monday 2 May 2011

New Retro Fabrics

A well known store (here) has finally cottoned on to the fact that vintage is in, and has produced a Retro Collection of fabrics!

Spotty have quite a few different designs out to choose from - including some great mustard tones.

So heres hoping they will come up with some much larger, bolder retro designs. Some huge swirls and gigantic flowers in unmistakable 70's colours would be brilliant!

 Obviously repurposing the real thing would be ideal, but if you can't find it - then this is the next best thing!

6 comments:

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

If I didn't hate Spotters - as we call it at my house so much I may be tempted... I just HATE giving them money. hate it.

Kylie said...

No way! I am surprised. They look like gorgeous designs, but I'm finding it hard to let go of my 'Spotty Snobbery' I'm afraid... hope the quality is up to scratch ;) Still, it's worth finding out, isn't it? Kx

willywagtail said...

A bit of Marimekko style would be good too. Thanks for sharing. Cherrie

Miss Milla's said...

I went there today, and was amazed to see this range there. There was quite a good selection and I could have spent more time browsing, but was on a time line and money needs to be saved a little.
But hopefully they have some more in the future.

Anonymous said...

You got great points there, that's why I always love checking out your blog.

My blog:
courtier rachat credit puis Rachat De Credit au meilleur taux simulation

DebsArt said...

Spotlight is a great treasure trove. I don't get out much without my children and browsing for goodies with them just doesn't happen. I have been thinking about making some vintage dresses for Poppy almost 2yrs and I got a great book from a library sale on dolls clothes - from the 70's. So thanks for the heads up. I hope NZ stores have them.



deb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...