Wednesday 13 October 2010

My Creative Space


A few weeks ago Miss 9 expressed ALOT of interest in knitting! I only had some mohair/angora wool from the op shop, which I couldn't pass by because of the colour.  So this was her first attempt. Not bad, especially considering its probably not the easiest type of wool for a beginner to start with!

So when she kept at it, we went and got her a proper set of needles (instead of the op shopped miss matched pair I have, for stuffing the dolls). And she started again, with some normal wool.

She made this beautiful scarf for her doll, who sits on her bed every day (with that knowing look).

And also helped me with this scarf, for one of the boy dolls.

He is part of a little group, ready to fly off to Dolly Donations. Along with the girls from my doll swap, earlier this year!

If you have time today, do pop over to Kirsty's and have a nosey at some other Creative Spaces!x

17 comments:

CurlyPops said...

How lovely! Now she can design scarves for all of your lovely dolls.

MissMollyCoddle said...

Quite impressive really. I wouldn't be photographing my 2nd crochet attempt last night! Am loving the doll too, has been shown off to quite a few people and she loves it! We've never had a reaction like it to any other toy, so cute, it must be the face, I do think she thinks it's another person. Thanks again :)

Chantal said...

That's so sweet that your daughter is able to add to your creations! The scarf looks delightful on her doll.

Cotton Kiwi said...

What a clever cookie! She has picked that up so quickly! Love your dolly donations dolls. You are going to make some little boys very happy!

Unknown said...

Wow, she has got it for sure!! The little scarfs are just too cute along with your fab. dolls!

bybido said...

Very sweet! I think she picked it up much faster than my mom!

Sarah said...

She has done so well! I am very impressed, seeing as I am also teaching myself to knit, after trying and giving up at about 9!

Kylie said...

Wow! She has done fabulous things! My Big Girl knits too and I'm constantly amazed at what she achieves - it's a lovely feeling, isn't it? Congrats on your wonderful Miss 9 :) Kx

teddybearswednesday said...

wow what gorgeous scarfs your girl has made! You must be super proud, and a little grateful too, ( now you can put her to work hehe)
xo

mel @ loved handmade said...

Oh wow! She is one clever little knitter! Those boy dolls are super handsome & the scalves are a perfect touch!

Cathie said...

what a wonderful collaboration you have going! well done little Miss, you are better than I would ever be at knitting.
happy creating girls ♥

Olivia said...

Hi Jennie!
I think that I didn't tell you that I wrote about your dolls on my blog. I really enjoy your work. Have a nice week!

Olivia

Seedling said...

She did great! I love the three little boy dollies. And their scarves of course...

Aussie-waffler said...

Well I think the scarves look tres chic, what a clever young gal you have.

Photography said...

Very impressive indeed!

Kate said...

Oh my goodness, she is dong such gorgeous neat stitches. Definitely worth the new needle investment.
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend Miss Jennie. X

DebsArt said...

I have a seven year old that likes to try everything I do as well. She has been trying to learn crochet and spends hours making chains.
Your girl is doing a great job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...