Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not good with patterns.
But after seeing all the lovely creations in Cam's Sew Along this last week,
I was inspired to have a go at a simple tunic top.
All was going well until I went to sew the arms on.
The shoulder/arm pieces were bigger than the allotted arm holes.
So I ended up pleating the extra at the top of each arm.
It makes the shoulders look a little bit puffy.
Thats me trying to suck it in.
So I hope I don't look like I'm wearing a sack.
I've never made anything for me to wear before, so this was a bit of a big deal.
I think I need to keep trying with a few different fabrics
and see how they turn out. I'm not ready to try a different pattern yet -
this was scary enough (but not as hard as I thought)!
** Update :: I've now made a belt from the same fabric
to go with it - much better!
Pattern :: Kwik Sew 3870
Photography :: Miss 10 who's home with a cold today.
Beginner Bonuses :: There is no interfacing for the neckline, no zips or buttons!