Friday 31 December 2010

A much needed break...

We've just got back from a week away! We haven't been on holiday for years, so this was a much needed time away.

(...though I did have to paint 7 doll faces while we were there...!)

We went to the Bay of Islands, up north.

Miss Eva on our balcony over looking the beach at Russell.

Christmas dinner table.

On the ferry back from Paihia, to Russell.
(during the few days of rain we had)

The extremely huge old tree outside the hotel. The little one wondered why I would need to take a photo of a tree!

You see this gorgeous view? It brings back scary memories for me! You can just see a couple of steps at the bottom of the picture. After these, came a very narrow path, dropping VERY steeply down, against the side of the cliff. There was little room for error in your steps to get down down down to the beach or it would be a quick trip down onto the rocks. My legs were shaking for about an hour afterward - must be getting old!

But when we got down there, the beach and clear sea were absolutely gorgeous.

The girls just had the best time. Proper sand!

Such a fun time. After a very full on year for us.

Watch out for a short sale in my etsy shop coming in the next few days. You'll need to pop back here for the code to get a discount on the dolls (and other items) I have left. I won't be making any more for a while.

See you next year - have a good one! XXXX

7 comments:

Chantal said...

Gorgeous photos! Yours is such a beautiful part of the world : )

CurlyPops said...

Happy New Year Jennie - your holiday photos are just beautiful!

Jo's Place said...

Oh I am totally jealous, I love it up North, it's just so beautiful. Yay for having a fabulous holiday xx

Toru said...

hmmmm, jealous :)

Kim W. said...

happy new years jenny!!! lovely photos! looks amazing! xx

Kylie said...

This looks totally idyllic! Glad you had a great holiday :) Kx

Frugal Down Under said...

Wow what a beautiful holiday location! I was in cold grey Paris and got super sick.

I just want sun and sea and am very happy to be back in the tropics!

Have a great New Year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...