I found an old linen Australiana tea towel in my stash,
that had already been cut up quite a bit
and thought the colours along with the lovely
texture of the linen would be great for some flowers
in Frida's hair...
So did a bit of free motion sewing to turn them into small
flowers and a few leaves too.
I mainly made up the flowers as I went, to make the most use of the tea towel.
There were some smaller flowers that I was able to sew around too.
The leaves were too big for the Frida dolls.
(Here are a few of the flowers pinned on Frida)
And in the end I used up the leaves and some of the smaller
flowers to make a necklace! Backed with merino wool felt and sewn
on a black ribbon. Now that I see this pic, I can see where I
need to make some changes - a bit more red maybe!xx