Tuesday 3 September 2013

Purchases, dolls, food and Frida's ..


* We recently purchased this gorgeous outdoor mat to brighten up our
little patch of concrete patio. It is made from recycled straws woven together!
It is also UV stabilised so that it won't fade out in the strong sun here.
And all you need to do to clean it, is hose it down! The aqua colour is made from blue and yellow straws woven together. (We got it from Natures Home and Garden.)



* This is my work space - made a lot easier to keep tidy now that I have the 
two trolleys either side for storage (seen in this previous post).
 I've made a start on a custom order made from the toddlers 'old' baby clothes.
 I haven't made one of these for ages  it feels like!



Name free motion sewn onto the back -
the baby ruffle bum pants being used on the bottom of the doll!



* This was part of our Father's Day meal -
rosemary leg of lamb cooked on the BBQ with the rotisserie!



And a Mars Bar Cheesecake - so so good.
The base is made with chocolate chip cookies!



* This is the latest doll uploaded to my Etsy store.
Her name is Miss Milly and she's over here!



*I've just discovered a new recycling magazine.
Its called Reloved and is a UK publication - this is the first issue.
It looks good so far - lots of great ideas and how to's.



* And last but not least - I'm hoping to do a Frida doll 
shop update next week.



I'm using some different fabrics and doing a couple of slight changes too.
Oop - she's almost smiling here!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...