I've found that I can only do the free motion sewing when I'm in the mood to do so...which means its usually when I'm supposed to be getting on with something else! As is the case here. This drawing with the sewing machine is a bit different for me this time though. I didn't draw it out or stop in one place, to then start again in another. (which is why these faces look so different to normal!)
Its all done in one go, and making it up as you go along. For the first face - I started with an eye and worked my way around to finish on the other eye. With the second face I started with the mouth (as I do when painting the doll faces) worked my way up to the left eye, back down the nose and then up to the other eye.
In the early hours of this morning I finished my last custom order for the year.
Though there wasn't too much umming and arring on this one...
I was given a very specific brief from a young lady who had seen the dolls before. So she new exactly what she wanted - which is always great! Vintage yellow sunflower dress, dark brown curly hair, orange button hairclip, green eyes, pink lips, orange pearl earrings, orange fur shrug with yellow button, orange ballet shoes. It doesn't happen very often that I can make it with all the elements asked for (was very relieved I just happened to have some orange fur)!
The rest of the week will be spent getting some new dolls finished for the Auckland Art and Craft Fair, on this saturday - will post some photos as they are finished.x