Monday 7 June 2010

Flower Face


I've had a couple of goes now at painting faces on different fabric. This is a very delicate linen with embroidered flowers. It was quite difficult to paint on, compaired to my normal tea stained calico!


The other thing with this doll was deciding what she should wear. Having a face that is busy with flowers - I was going to make her a plain, solid colour dress. But in the end, went for a blue flower print from some curtain samples. The black capelet breaks it up a bit!
I keep thinking her face looks a bit creepy though!?


10 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

That pretty folwer face is really lovely! Love the capelet too..

Songbird Designs said...

She is lovely! I love the caplet and I love her flower face. Well done! Sx

Selina said...

Not creepy at all! She is just lovely!

Kylie said...

Oh Jennie, I love her! I call my god-daughter "flower face" :) Kx

emerson-j said...

oh no not creepy at all!! she is really cool, edgy and funky but def not creepy!!

groovychick said...

i love them all, not creepy, just beautiful!

Deb Robertson Writes said...

actually I did think is a little creepy, but also very cute too.

Creative K said...

I just love these dolls, so unique and makes me want to collect them!
Your blog is awesome, I have just come across it :-)

Anonymous said...

I am thinking a little creepy but cute as well but good on you for trying something different out. It could be the way the tendrils of the pattern all come towards the middle of the face whereas a different pattern may have a different effect.

nerines said...

She is just gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...